I have asked on this problem before, and all the advice I have gotten did not help, but here goes again.
note, the BIOS looks like this one but the version is different.
The usb ports have stopped working
Specifically, the 2WIRE wireless usb adapter has stopped connecting to the system.
Also, The mouse, when connected to the usb, fails to work.
Things that have been done:
- checked bios settings there are none for usb support
- unloaded the drivers now the usb doesn't even register on the device manager O_o
- re-installed the software for the 2WIRE adapter hangs when it "waits for hardware wizard" which dont show up O_o
- searched google, yahoo, and every forum I can think of, all to no avail.
- did a system restore to before the problem started, but did not work.
basically set this guy up nice
Comp was running fine, then he went to turn it on, and it went into another endless reboot cycle.
he manually restarted it, and went into BIOS, and loaded OPTIMISED settings
That is when the 2WIRE, and USB stopped working
He called SBC, they dont know sh** from sand.
I'm puzzled, BOTH on board usb stopped working, and there is no setting that would dis-able the usb in BIOS.
Edited by Michael Giacchetti, 25 February 2006 - 02:10 AM.