Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can 9x Updates Be Downloaded To Disk?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:26 AM

Can I download 9x updates from MS and save them uninstalled, or is the only option to install as they download?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:57 AM

Hi acklan, figures I would know this. :thumbsup:

You can download the 98 updates from the Windows Update Download Center. The Download Center has updates for all their OS's including 95. Its an alternative to the regular Windows Update site.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:29 AM

Cool. I figure if it's out there someone here would know. I want to download to CD so went I re-install I will still have access to it. I have '95 cd also. I guess I should download it just in case.
I am only a couple of months from switching to Puppy out right and getting rid of XP on my primary box. Just need to find a few more plug-ins.
Thanks Leurgy.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:45 AM

I always download each patch to a second hard drive just for that very reason. If I need to re-install WindowsXP, I have all the security patches saved elsewhere. Given the number of patches, this would save a lot of time.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:39 PM

I do have XP saved cd. Local shop gave me a copy, but I guess I should download the more resent updates.

Thanks for the idea John.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users