Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"ODSAgent.exe unable to locate component, dnssd.dll not found"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 4Baby

4Baby

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Been having this for some time, did not remember if I deleted a file or not, I read somewhere to try repairing Office, but that did not do anything. Running XP Home w/SP3 on HP PC Pavillion a250n w/Office XP. Can someone help with this?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Been having this for some time, did not remember if I deleted a file or not

Hello and Welcome -
I am sorry but you only give us a bit of vague information in this post to work with -

Are you trying to, find files, reinstall Office, repair an installed office application, install office from a CD, has an infection caused a problem, etc, etc -
As you can see there is a fair bit of informtion left out, and if you could please fill in some gaps, it would be a lot easier -

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/unable-to-locate-component-ods-agentexe/e071321d-fcba-473d-8ed8-b630af0c450a .

Louis

#4 4Baby

4Baby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Everytime I restart the computer, I get an error message: "ODSAgent.exe is unable to locate the component. This application has failed because dnssd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
I read somewhere that I should go to Add/Remove programs, Microsoft Office Xp, click on change, which I did, and repair the Office program. This did not fix the problem. I am missing the dnssd.dll file, but do not know if I deleted it somehow or what. I've run various malware programs over the last few months, but found nothing. I'm not sure what this missing file is doing to my computer, but my computer is rather slow, but it is old. I always update everything that I can. I did reduce the number of processes running and change services running automatic or manual. I would just like to fix this issue to get rid of this error message and prevent any other problems. I use Avast version 7 antivirus. I also actively have Tea Timer from Spybot running. My CPU usage is not too bad, I've got IE7, but don't really use it cause I don't like it or trust it. I use Firefox, mostly in safemode, which works pretty well, except for script error messages when I have more than a few tabs open. What else do you need to know?

#5 4Baby

4Baby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Okay Louis, I will give this a try and get back to you. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users