Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 computerfreak11647

computerfreak11647

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

I need to perform a system restore, and I am not familiar with XP, so I am not sure how to do this. Any help will be appreciated! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

It would be helpful...if you tell us why you think that you need to do a system restore...and why you seem so sure that will solve your problems with your system.

System manufacturer and model?

"System Restore" refers to the Windows tool and using it does not overcome many things.

If you mean that you want to restore your system to the status it had when you first bought it...that depends on the system and manufacturer.

Louis

#3 computerfreak11647

computerfreak11647
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

For some reason, I'm unable to start windows unless I start in safe mode. When I try to start it normally, it gets as far as the welcome screen, but when I try to log on, the computer freezes. I was hoping to restore to the week before the problem started. The computer is a Dell Dimension DIM4300S, running Windows XP with service pack 2. We've had this computer for a long time (about 9 years)

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I was hoping to restore to the week before the problem started. We've had this computer for a long time (about 9 years)

Hi -
Can you tell us a little about how this problem occurred and the estimated time it occurred ? ?
System restore is simple enough, but if you have had, or may currently have an infection this will not fix it and (at times) may make it worse.

Also is there a reason why you have XP SP2 and not SP3 ? ?

Sorry to ask these questions, rather than give you a quick answer, but there may be an underlying reason for your problem -
If you just want the information on System Restore, please just say so, but we only try to help first -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users