Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Occasional Mouse Freeze at Startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

My computing need is not in the fast lane, but just a basically a kind of semi-hobby and home facility. We do not crave to be up front with the leaders at Stonehenge. I ignore Wilma`s constant moaning at me to get a Laptop, say`s I am taking too much room up in the cave.

I use Windows XP Home with SP3 on a desktop traditional set with a Modem. WinXP/SP3 will be supported by Microsoft until 2014, so no problem, who knows what tomorrow brings ?

Occasionally I find my mouse frozen at startup. Apart from this, everything works perfect for long periods. Get my Modem replaced ? Yes, I could with no cost, but will that cure the problem ? Is it worth it ? In my case no, for the sake of 10 seconds every now and again, it would be a waste of time.

Cure ? Pull out the power plug or switch off the power at the mains for 10 seconds. EVERY single time, it never fails to cure the problem - the mouse works OK on startup.

Edited by yabbadoo, 30 April 2012 - 02:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

USB or PS/2 mouse? Unless its a mouse or hardware port, IRQ problem, you might wanna try reinstalling the drivers thru device manager and reboot. Let windows detect and install the generic driver if its not any branded mouse that requires the manufacturer's compatible drivers.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users