Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 8 font, text out of place

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 artn

artn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

Don't remember how or when this happened, but the IE on this PC doesn't display text/font properly or to scale. Text, titles, menu items are out of place; font is too large or too small; things are just generally out of normal scale.

Have a look at this snapshot I took of Yahoo Mail on IE8. See how fonts, titles are out of whack. This is what I mean. What can I do to restore IE8 to display properly?

I'd switch to Firefox alltogether (which displays correctly btw on this same PC), but the person using this computer doesn't want to leave Internet Explorer.

Please help. Thanks :)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

You can try and reset IE to default settings.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16365/reset-all-internet-explorer-8-settings-to-fix-stability-problems/

#3 artn

artn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Wow. For so long I've been trying to fix this issue, only to find it now this simple. This worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

Edited by artn, 29 April 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Glad to be of serivce. :) :busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users