Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Tooooo Slow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 taran

taran

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

computer suddenly went slow in the past two days, i checked for all viruses, didnt find many
please help, driving me nuts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:29 AM

Please tell us about your computer, ie, size of processor, how much RAM, etc, exactly what is occurring and any error messages (post exactly what they say), and what op system you have.

If you are using Win XP and the problem started occurring two days ago, try using a restore poing in SYstem Restore that predates the problem.

#3 taran

taran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:13 AM

i would restore but the points are cancelled b/c i ran some proceudre and delted all the restore poitns

i have 256 RAm
49 GB on my c and only using 9 GB
xp professsionla

#4 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:14 AM

I suggest using www.diskcleaner.nl, ccleaner, and MATCO defrag. These are all free and work great at getting rid of unnecessary files and speeding up your computer.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:32 AM

Did you install an application or update a program the last few days that might cause the slowdown?
Did you check for spyware as well as viruses?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

Just how many is "didn't find many"? Do you remember their names? What were the names of the programs that you used to remove them?

It's possilbe that you may still have viruses on your system. Please go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ (using Internet Explorer) and perfrom a free, online scan.

It's also possible that one of the fixes broke something in Windows - that'll take a bit of work to fix.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 taran

taran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:34 AM

i remember what i download within 5 days, google earth
i uaually find trojans, but ppl said my hijack this log is clean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users