Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro on mac

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 campmeliss

campmeliss

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I have a brand new macbook pro and have installed Trend Micro, but Trend Micro will not update. Every time I click 'Update', I receive this error message: "An error has prevented you from receiving the update (10254). Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact Trend Micro for help."

What's wrong and how can I fix this? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

What Trend Micro product are you using on your Mac?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Am I allowed to post an answer here?
Either We Learn to Live Together as People, Or Die Apart as Fools !

Ignorance ISN'T Bliss, It's Just "IGNORANCE"!!

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

@ Sani-T-Capt1-

You are not responding to a Malware related question, rather a preferred Program question.
This is generally considered OK, and fully with in your boundry of "general knowlege" rather than your Malware training -

If your answer relates directly to your Malware training, you can always side-step it, and reply as being Program related only -

:unsure: Now if you can figure out what I just said, then answer it - If not then do not answer it - :)

Good Luck in Malware School -

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

@ Sani-T-Capt1-

You are not responding to a Malware related question, rather a preferred Program question.
This is generally considered OK, and fully with in your boundry of "general knowlege" rather than your Malware training -

If your answer relates directly to your Malware training, you can always side-step it, and reply as being Program related only -

:unsure: Now if you can figure out what I just said, then answer it - If not then do not answer it - :)

Good Luck in Malware School -

Question asked and answered. :P

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

I'm still confoozed. Posted Image Back to the OP's question Posted Image

WHO's question is the question in question. Posted Image

Is this what you're referring to? http://store.trendmicro.com/store/tmamer/en_US/pd/productID.147812400

>>>"If the problem persists, contact Trend Micro for help."<<<

This looks like a good bet: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/trend-micro-smart-surfing-for-mac-support.aspx

Edited by Union_Thug, 29 April 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

This question by Sani-T-Capt1 is related to "Can I answer this under Malware School protocols" {not allowed to comment on Malware cases}

The answer by Union_Thug is the only one related to the question on using Trend Micro on a macbook pro -

I hope campmeliss understands this a bit better now, and follows the links left by Union_Thug for Trend Micro programs -

EDIT - We do have a forum area for Mac users if campmeliss is interested B)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum172.html

Edited by noknojon, 30 April 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#9 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thanks noknojon fully understood :wink: @Animal & Union_Thug, you guys are tooooooooooo funny :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Union_Thug beat me to the punch with his link. I've been using Trend on all of my systems for years and I find their support people to be very good at helping their consumers. :thumbsup: FYI, this is NOT an endorsement of Trend just my personal experiences. :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by Sani-T-Capt1, 30 April 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#10 campmeliss

campmeliss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thank you for your replies. I am sorry, I am by no means an advanced computer user. You will have to excuse my lack of expertise.

Yes Union_Thug, I am using this http://store.trendmicro.com/store/tmamer/en_US/pd/productID.147812400

I followed the directions listed here http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1060096.aspx . After the installation was completed, I tried to update Trend Micro again and it asked me correct my serial number because I initially entered in the incorrect number. After I entered in the serial number I tried updating and it gave me the same error message: "An error has prevented you from receiving the update (10254). Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact Trend Micro for help."

#11 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Have you tried phone support?

#12 campmeliss

campmeliss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Not yet, but it looks like I will have to.

#13 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Register for their Free Forum, and get direct support there -

Never, and I mean NEVER talk to iYOGI if redirected on a freecall to Trend Micro - It is a scam -
Trend Micro has disowned any advice from this company, and request you to hang up if redirected to them -

Their own forum is always a good place to start, and as you have been told, there is (free) phone support available -

Thank You -

#14 campmeliss

campmeliss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. I have joined the forum with Trend to ask them.

#15 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Best of Luck -:)

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users