Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 9

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hello everyone,

Lately my Internet Explorer v. 9 has been acting up whenever I go to my Yahoo account and go to Yahoo Fantasy Sports. When I try to move around then screen with the cursor and then go to select an item to view for more information and then go to close the box that pops up, that is when the trouble happens. IE seems to get really bogged down and freezes up and then takes forever to respond and then will respond quickly for a few seconds and then freeze up again. Then bog down again and then freeze up.

I have tried clearing my browser cache often, I have also tried letting the browser cache build up, I cleared the cookies, and run a quick scan every day of my anti-virus program. But nothing works. So I checked the Add-ons (currently Loaded) and was going to disable some to see if that would help. I found 2 that have no information about them and no file or folder. I do not know if these 2 are updates to other add-ons or not or are malware or spy-ware. I figure if they were malware or spy-ware they should have been detected by my security programs during my daily scans, right?

I am not sure if I should copy the names of the add-ons here or not.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hello Groffeaston.

post them ,try disabling them.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hello boopme

Here is the information from both of those "add-ons".

Name: {60AFE1CD-9BA1-47AC-929C-484FBA08DF62}
Publisher: Not Available
Type: Browser Extension
Version: Not available
File date:
Date last accessed: Not available
Class ID: {60AFE1CD-9BA1-47AC-929C-484FBA08DF62}
Use count: 0
Block count: 0
File: Not available
Folder: Not available

Name: {C7112EF1-D5B6-421D-8F58-8FA63AB144F8}
Publisher: Not Available
Type: Browser Extension
Version: Not available
File date:
Date last accessed: Not available
Class ID: {C7112EF1-D5B6-421D-8F58-8FA63AB144F8}
Use count: 0
Block count: 0
File: Not available
Folder: Not available

The first one was directly under/came after: "Send to One Note" and the second one was directly under/came after: "Research". That is why I am not sure if they are updates or not. However I will try Disabling them and then see what happens.

Disabling them did not help. I still have the problem of Yahoo Fantasy Sports page getting really slow and freezing when I am using IE9. I also contacted Yahoo Sports to let them know about my problem, just in case it happens to be something on their end or in case other people might be experiencing the same problem.

#4 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Out of curiosity, do you have this problem when visiting other sites? Do you have any other web browsers installed? If so, do you have the same issue when using them?

#5 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hello,
It only happens when I am on Yahoo Fantasy Sports, as far as I know of. I tried a couple of other websites and no problems that I noticed. I did get an initial automated response from Yahoo stating:

"Hello matthew,

This automated message is confirmation that Yahoo! Customer Care has
received your inquiry.

Please be aware that we are currently receiving unusually high volumes,
so our reply is likely to exceed our normal 24-hour response time. But
rest assured your inquiry is being routed to one of our Technical
Support Agents. In the meantime, you may want to visit our Help Pages
where our customers often find answers to their questions.

We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Yahoo! Customer Care"

I take it, that since they are receiving an unusually high volume of requests for service, that I am not the only one experiencing this problem or having problems with their Fantasy Baseball and Sports websites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users