Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Facebook Log-in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 debodun

debodun

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

I set up a Facebook account, but when I try to log-in to my page, I get this message:

Posted Image

Is this normal? How can I work around it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rcxman

rcxman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Yes, well you've set up your cell phone number when you registered with Facebook, if you entered your number correctly, check your phone for the SMS FB sent you...

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Yes, well you've set up your cell phone number when you registered with Facebook, if you entered your number correctly, check your phone for the SMS FB sent you...

That may not be the case. In an effort to see if there was a way around the issue I set up a new Facebook account. AT NO POINT DURING THE SIGN UP PROCESS DID I ENTER MY CELL PHONE NUMBER. In fact, I was not told anywhere to enter it.

At one point during my testing I was told the only other way to verify the account was to upload a copy of my "government issued" ID to Facebook. No way will I do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users