Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, Folders locked and a desktop.ini file

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonball

Dragonball

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Yesterday I was having a problem getting rid of some bugs. I posted the problem in a malware forum on another site and then did all the scans that I was supposed to do. The funny thing is that right after I posted that thread, I found bugs with ad-aware and I was finally able to quarantine and restart.

My only problem now is that my folders were locked (My Videos, My Pictures, My Music) possibly from running scans. I am not sure if they were locked from ccleaner or combofix or Mgtools. But they are locked and I seriously need to unlock them. Please help!

I also have a desktop.ini file that mysteriously popped up after I ran the scans. I am the administrator of this computer. I cannot access certain files like My Videos, My Pictures, and My Music.

I have posted a screenshot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi -
First - You need to go back to the forum that asked you to run ComboFix and contact your helper there - Please fully explain the problem to them -
We do not know the full history and can not add to this unless your helper has finished with your problems -

Also there is no screen shot, and please do not post one yet -

Sorry and Thank you for asking for help here -
Please return when finished there -

#3 Dragonball

Dragonball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

I told you the full history. The other site only told me to run scans and then never responded back. So I ran superantispyware, malwarebytes, ccleaner, Mgtools, and combofix. That is ALL that I did. They never responded, so I ran ad-aware and answered my own problem. But now my folders are locked.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

The nature of malware and the way that the various forums/websites work (IMO) seems to dictate pursuing your original post/topic at the forum which advised you run various malware tools.

It's a courtesy and prevents receiving conflicting advice on situations that exist with your computer, as posted in the other forum.

The fact that you have an apparently open malware topic at said forum...should preclude you from posting issues which result from malware and/or malware removal attempts...in a non-malware forum anywhere on the Web. The issues that you indicate are not Win 7 issues...they are issues deriving from malware.

FWIW: If you just posted your issues yesterday, I would suggest that you give them time to do what they can...to assist you.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 April 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

This is common on all Windows 7 OS.

Open your C drive

On top ,click on Organize-folders and search options

Click on view tab,scroll down

Check mark these two options