Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet won't work, "network hardware cannot be found"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtraininsane77

jtraininsane77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

I did a pretty vigorous clean up of all my unneeded programs, and I thought I was doing fine, until I deleted something I shouldn't have :angry:

If I visit control panel and go to "Network setup wizard" it says ......"The wizard cannot find your network hardware"

Alas when I visit my network connections, everything is blank.

Then I head over to device manager and find that there is a yellow exclamation mark next to "Ethernet Controller"
Last year I installed a new network card and it says there's a link and power, so that may or may not be a problem.

Is this a matter of just updating drivers? If so, how do I need to know what to update?

SPECIAL NOTE:

-I DO NOT have my windows bootup floppy that came with computer when I bought 3 years ago (don't think I can boot from usb)
-my network card is a d-link but I don't know which model
-system restore doesn't work

Edited by jtraininsane77, 28 April 2012 - 10:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

You can find the model directly on the card itself. Pull it out and take a look, then get the drivers directly from D-Link.

Good luck!
Posted Image

#3 tomailme

tomailme

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

use mother board cd to run which will solve your problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users