Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rectangles appear like squares on 27" monitor - Win 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jtwanabe

jtwanabe

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

On my 27" monitor rectangles look like squares. This is true whether it is a page border or a drawn graphic.
Help please. resolution is at 1856 x 1392

Thanks in advance

Jtwanabe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nimblewill

Nimblewill

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

You need to set the monitor to it's native resolution, probably 1920 x 1080.

Most likely the monitor is a 16 x 9 ratio and 1856 x 1392 is 4 x 3 which gives a distorted view.

#3 jtwanabe

jtwanabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I am not offered those ratios. I'm running Win 7 on Bootcamp / Lion. I had this problem before
and found a thread on it but can't now. Is it possibly a driver issue.I upgraded the drivers and it says I have the latest running.

#4 Nimblewill

Nimblewill

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

I could not find any drivers for an older PC when I bought a new 16x9 monitor, so I bought a new computer!

You ought to search for a good Mac forum, I'm sure other people have been hit with the same problem.

I can't recommend a forum, my only Mac was new in 1998!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,413 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

I would uninstall the current video drivers...then reinstall same. The drivers which were initially installed with use of that system...and which, apparently worked properly before...will do for the reinstallation, no need to look for new/updated drivers.

Video drivers (any file) can become damaged and malperform...seems a good thing to rule that out before going further.

Louis

#6 jtwanabe

jtwanabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

I fixed it by (as was suggested) updating my drivers. Works like a charm now. Thanks.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,413 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users