Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor Architecture VC80-90 and other issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sumguy#1

sumguy#1

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Howdy:

Not to sure if this belongs here or in the internal hardware forum? But if admin wants to move it there, go for it.

I have done a scannow a number of times and still have processor_architecture_Intel VC80-90 coming up on the report and trying to find out if this can be fixed or do I need to do some kind of a repair install to fix it? Microsoft VC80 ATL , version 8.050727.42, the registry key on this is: {1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b}.

I don't have a factory disk for a repair. I have whats called Acer eRecovery Management. I have no clue how well this program works?

I had a issue shortly after purchase with the original disk, which had to be replaced by Acer. Apparently the eRecovery Management program is showing that a backup was done about that time on 5/2010. Either the factory tech did this or the guy that transferred my personal files onto a disk did that. I don't recall? The guy that transferred my files, did transfer or copied the basic Windows system or programs onto a couple of CD disks right after I got the laptop back from the Acer disk repair/replacement.

I have never done a restore or repair/reinstall of a Windows system before. So I am a bit leery of doing so at this point.

I am having several issues going on, such as Windows updates that won't install NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Pkg. I had to turn off Windows auto update, because the above two updates would not install. The updates would go through a process of downloading, shut down, restart, and attempts to install the updates, but doesn't. I've done that a number of times to no avail. The computer was always trying to download, restart and install these downloads at inopportune times and the reason for turning auto updating off. Very annoying.

My event Viewer has a big Red X. MMC could not create a snap-in, or something to that effect.

The NET Framework programs and MS Visual Pkgs. are kind of confusing as far as which ones I should have, uninstalling and getting them to install correctly, you can use one version but not the other, etc.

I'm not to keen on doing a reinstall or repair install, but I guess there's a first for everything? I can't afford a tech to come to my house to do a repair install. From what I understand $2-300 sounds like the cost for a repair install. Or a upgrade to a newer version Windows 7/8? Or just buy a new computer?

I just ran a ESET scan for two hours, came back clean. Have MSE, no issues there, clean scans.

I have Windows Vista 32 bit OS, purchased late 2009, laptop.

So any advice or help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by sumguy#1, 27 April 2012 - 11:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users