Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drop Down Excel 2010

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LostThePlot

LostThePlot

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to add drop down menus to the ribbon which I can attach macros to as per Windows XP?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hi -
I am not sure if this is exactly what you want, but your question is a bit "vague" -
Bring Office 2003 Menus Back to 2010 with UBitMenu
Now, with Office 2010, the ribbon interface has been brought to every ... you to add the old familiar menus back along with the new Ribbon interface for an easier learning curve.
Just an Idea from How to Geek

Good Luck -

#3 LostThePlot

LostThePlot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

In Windows 2003 XP you could click Tools Options Customise and add a menu item above the toolbars where it used to say Help.

You could then attach a macro to that menu item.

That is what I would liem to be able to do.

many Thanks

LTP

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

I don't believe there is/was a "Windows 2003 XP"...might you be referring to MS Office 2003? This is the Windows 7 forum, which is neither the forum for Office or XP situations.

You've mentioned several different combinations, so I'm somewhat confused about program you want to modify.

If your question revolves around any version of MS Office...we will move your topic to the appropriate forum for such, where you are more likely to find someone who can assist you, answer questions re Office, etc.

Louis

#5 LostThePlot

LostThePlot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Sorry Louis,

I saw Windows 7 and that is the oeprating system and thought (wrongly) that a question re Office pro 2010 would go here. I would appreciate it if you would move it for me.

To clarify I was using Office Pro 2003 in Windows XP and I am now using Office Pro 2010 in Windows 7.

Many Thanks.

Edited by LostThePlot, 30 April 2012 - 03:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users