I can't see if you fixed your problem with help from narenxp but I had same problem and this seems to be working for me so far.
This pop-up has been driving me crazy and by chance I figured how how to block it using the Adblock Plus add-on for Firefox.
- Go to the Firefox add-on manager page and search for Adblock Plus and then select to install it.
- Once it has finished installing you need to restart your browser for ABP to take affect.
- Now go to a site that you know has the "recommended for you" pop-up and hit "ctrl+shift+v" or "right-click" on the "ABP" stop sign on your Firefox tool bar and click on "open blockable items"
- This will open a window that will show all the scripts and weblinks that are loading on the page you are viewing.
- Now in the "blockables" window that you just opened, look for this line "http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js"
- "right click" on it and select "block this item..."
- This will open another window and click "Add Filter"
- hit "ctrl+shift+v" to close the "blockable editor window" and you are done.
So far it has been working for me so I hope this helps you all. It's really a shame that companies feel they have the right to invade our privacy like this
Go to Start, Control Panel, Internet Options, Content tab, click on Enable under Content advisor, click on Approved sites tab, in Allow this website type http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js
and then click never, and appl