Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Web Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

I would like to request a tutorial on IIS for XP Pro, b/c I would like to host my own Web Site for family and friends. If this tutorial already exists here, please point it out to me. If someone wants to take on the challenge, I've got some ideas for the basic user.

Maybe it would cover installation, Remote user access via DynDns, or Another DNS Service or software. Show how to set the default homepage for remote users, and give an example site.

I would envision as a 3 part series. Installation and Connection. Http coverage, and FTP Setup.

Hope the community will support this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:19 AM

Try this tutorial.. http://dslwebserver.com/main/sbs-wk2-pro-iis-web.html
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic