Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Devices

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 need2no

need2no

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:37 PM

Hey everybody I need help with my computer. The sound has always worked until a few days ago. I tryed to go to hardware and It said that there is no auido device installed. Me nor my brother deleted anything and he believes that a virus removed the devices. How do I get new devices for my computer, and how do I know which device will go with my computer. Can I download them or do I have to buy them. Or is there some way to bring the ones that were on my computer back. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

Hi there,

Does your PC have Integrated Sound, or do you have a robust Sound Card. If you are not sure, the integrated card is what comes standard from most large PC vendors, just your basic stuff.

The robust Sound Card, refers to either a third party component such as Sound Blaster......or one you might have chosen for better sound when you purchased the PC.

If you have a Driver CD that came with your PC, you may be able to reinstall it, that is if it is gone, or if you have an aftermarket sound card, it no doubt would also have it's own Drivers disk.

You might try to do a "System Restore", that is if you can remember the last time your PC was working properly. But, before that, you want to make sure that your free of any nasties that might be lurking on your machine.

Things you should have, and if not, get them-Here are some free, recommended Apps.:

An Anti-Virus Program: AVG Anti-Virus

A Firewall: ZoneAlarm

Spyware/Adware/Malware/etc....:

Adaware SE

Spybot S & D

SpywareBlaster

SpywareGaurd

Recommended readings:

Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computer

Using Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your Computer

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware, Hijackers, and Malware

Using SpywareGuard to protect your computer from Spyware/Hijackers

There are more out there that will advance your protection, but those above, would be a really great start. I recommend installing what you don't already have. e.g. a firewall,anti-virus...and so on.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users