Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I capture from a home movie DVD to CyberLink Power Director please?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

I have a home movie on a DVD, and I have been asked to do an edited copy for a friend through CyberLink Power director.

How do I capture the image’s off the DVD to make a new project in Power Director please?

:blink:

Edited by hamluis, 26 April 2012 - 11:21 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Audio & Video - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=4466&prodId=4&prodVerId=-244

#3 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=4466&prodId=4&prodVerId=-244

Thanks, do I save the file from my DVD to my hard drive first, or can i grab it stright off the DVD? Many thanks.

:huh:

#4 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I don't use Cyberlink Power Director, it looks really cool though. I just Googled your question and found the link above for you. :)
according to the link, it looks like you can grab video straight off the DVD.

Select the disc drive where the DVD was inserted by clicking DVD Drive button.
Use the DVD disc navigation tree on the left to select the chapters or titles you want to capture. You may preview the DVD if required by using the player controls.
Click Record to begin capture.
The entire selected chapter/content will be captured automatically and then appear in the Captured Clips area.

Try it see what happens.

Normally, when I work with video from a DVD, I copy it to the hard drive on my PC, or external first. It seems to work better that way. I just copy the VIDEO_TS folder, or sometimes just the .VOB's. (I don't need the AUDIO_TS folder)

So it looks like Cyberlink does that for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users