Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Where will you die and how?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

It appears that every year, quite a large number of residents in the USA are killed by lawnmowers. :lmao:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lti

lti

• Members
  • 595 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Japan is the only country where people die of old age. :crazy:

This is as close as I have come to being killed by a lawn mower. Fortunately, that is just a video game.

Edited by lti, 26 April 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#3 computergaga69

computergaga69

• Banned
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Me? I will die in the Philippines, why? The Philippines is the only Country I have known in Asia in where when you die your body will be in Burial for 7 days and that is the time there will be a reunion and your relatives will meet each other and get to know each other.

#4 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

In the future, malware will infect robots and they'll be programmed to kill all of the Malware Response Team. Scary, but true. :busy:

EDIT: I'll probably be in my office :)

Edited by kisk, 26 April 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!!

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

This is as close as I have come to being killed by a lawn mower. Fortunately, that is just a video game.

Love that video!

Interesting odd fact: more people were killed by a fart in Egypt than any other country in the world. :hysterical:

#7 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Love that video!

Interesting odd fact: more people were killed by a fart in Egypt than any other country in the world. :hysterical:

Okay I need to be enlightened as to the circumstances behind dying due to flatulence :wacko: :wacko: People do that everyday at one point or another so there has to be more to this :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Either We Learn to Live Together as People, Or Die Apart as Fools !

Ignorance ISN'T Bliss, It's Just "IGNORANCE"!!

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

perhaps thats why you should never smoke indoors.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#9 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Love that video!

Okay I need to be enlightened as to the circumstances behind dying due to flatulence :wacko: :wacko: People do that everyday at one point or another so there has to be more to this :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Well, it is carbon monoxide gas after all. So if your nose happened to be located at the business end of some fat egyptian who'd eaten too many baked beans that day, you might be on the receiving end of a lethal cloud. :rip:

#10 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

I've had this odd thought for a while now.

Do people that die in their sleep know they are dead?

I know the answer is no, ( unless there is an afterlife etc.)

May be just the ambien talking. :blink:

#11 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

I've had this odd thought for a while now.

Do people that die in their sleep know they are dead?

I know the answer is no, ( unless there is an afterlife etc.)

May be just the ambien talking. :blink:

It's an interesting subject actually. Presumably not since you're unconscious when asleep. It's a question of whether the act of dying is sufficient to wake you up, however briefly.

Also, since you've never died before, there's no way of knowing whether what you're experiencing is actually death, or some ailment or other.

I must admit I'm rather intrigued by Steve Jobs last words which were, quote: "Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow!". That being the case, I don't think I want to die in my sleep because I want to know what he was seeing, or experiencing.

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Been there, done that. So I don't worry about the where and the how. Frankly, I really would not want to know.

Being told "You flatlined in the ambulance. One shock got your heart going again. You flatlined again just as the paramedics got you into the hospital. 3 more shocks and here you are still alive. You are not out of the woods yet-it could happen again and you can die" gives you a totally new perspective on life.

I've been told by several doctors that despite what you see on tv very few people who go through what I did survive. Well, not only did I survive I came out of it without having damage to my heart that they usually see in those who do survive.

That was 5 years ago and I'm doing great today.

#13 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I've been told by several doctors that despite what you see on tv very few people who go through what I did survive. Well, not only did I survive I came out of it without having damage to my heart that they usually see in those who do survive.

You have a purpose here...

I am like a few others here - don't know, but accept it is coming. I too have been faced with my own mortality. You do see things in a much different light.

If I had to guess, I would say I will be killed in a car accident since I spend two hours a day driving. Next I would say I will be killed by a patient (their blood or bullet)/ or a fire.

Bottom line... I will be okay, and my family will be taken care of. :thumbup2:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#14 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I did also Queen-Evie in an OR when I was 16 many moons ago, but I did suffered heart damage which caused my R-wave to change. I've had to carry an EKG card in my wallet since then because my base-line EKG looks like I'm suffering a massive cardiac arrest in comparison to a normal EKG

Edited by Sani-T-Capt1, 01 May 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Either We Learn to Live Together as People, Or Die Apart as Fools !

Ignorance ISN'T Bliss, It's Just "IGNORANCE"!!

#15 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I did also Queen-Evie in an OR when I was 16 many moons ago, but I did suffered heart damage which caused my R-wave to change. I've had to carry an EKG card in my wallet since then because my base-line EKG looks like I'm suffering a massive cardiac arrest in comparison to a normal EKG

Poor guy. I'm really sorry to hear that. It must be awful to have to live with a condition like that.

I developed arthritus is my knees four years ago which affects my mobility and causes me a fair amount of pain every time I take a step forwards or backwards, but it's not life-threatening and I've learned to live with it. My doctor tells me the only course of action now is a prosthesis to replace the knee joint, but I'll wait until I'm virtually immobile before I go that route I think.

But to have suffered a life-threatening condition like you guys have must change your whole outlook on life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users