Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:16 PM

Well, I got a blue screen error.

"Problem has been detected, windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to the computer

kernel_stack_inpage_error

If this is your first time...... If this happens again.....

Technical info:

*** STOP: 0x0000007 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x0106C000)

Beggining to dump physical memory"

Oh, the last one might be 0x0100C000, i cant read my handwriting.

I'm using XP home edition, sp2.

Error occured when I played a DVD, my laptop froze, and then the error appeared.

Thanks,

DM

Edit: Also, my sys32 folder opens at start up.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by dark messenger, 24 February 2006 - 02:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 loukas30

loukas30

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:24 PM

Was this a decrypted DVD (Copy) or a real DVD. If it is a copy i hope you got it from a trusted source as the DVD could have anything encrypted on it including parasites. Download the Hijackthis programme from Hijackthis, perform a scan and post your log here. The reason i ask you to do this is because i am more skilled at reading log files and am then able to pinpoint the source of your problem much more easier.

#3 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

The problame may be caused by your USB devices or drivers.

If the USB bandwidth consumption exceeds the 100-percent maximum that the USB 2.0 update or XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) allow, you'll receive the error you mention. Specifically, if existing USB devices are already using the maximum bandwidth and you add another USB device (e.g., if you're viewing streamed audio or video through a USB device and plug in another USB device), you'll receive the following error message:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, <address>, <address>, <address>)

To work around this problem, you can take one of the following actions:

Connect your keyboard, mouse, or other USB device before you start streaming USB video or audio.
If you've already started streaming USB video or audio, either stop or pause the stream, connect the keyboard, mouse, or other USB device, and then start the stream again.
If your computer has multiple USB host controllers, connect the keyboard, mouse, or other USB device to a USB host controller separate from the USB host controller that you're using to connect the USB video or audio device. Most computers sold in the past year have two or more USB host controllers. To verify this configuration, view the USB host controllers in Device Manager (go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Hardware, and click Device Manager).

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

I have moved your HJT log into the HJT forum with a link back to this thread.

Please be patient and wait for a review by a qualified member of the HJT Team.

You log is now located here.

Edited by KoanYorel, 24 February 2006 - 08:15 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users