Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Switching Tasks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lissalynn90

lissalynn90

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

This started about three days ago. I first noticed it while using Mozilla foxfire. Once I click inside the window, I am unable to minimize, maximize, or close it using the buttons on the top left. I also cannot open or close anything without going through task manager and clicking on the item and hitting the switch button. I have downloaded the latest version of firefox, thunderbird (it also happens here), adobe, java, flash, etc. Nothing has helps. It also does it in Firefox safe mode and windows safe mode. I updated malwarebytes and ran it (found 7 items) and removed them. I had to use task master 3 times just to update malwarebytes. I am not sure if this is a computer problem or a virus problem. It does not seem to happen consistantly in internet explorer.

Missy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Once I click inside the window, I am unable to minimize, maximize, or close it using the buttons on the top left.

Hi -
From this, do you mean, if you have FF open it will not respond once you start anything (freeze), and is this the same with Internet Explorer ??

Thank You -

#3 lissalynn90

lissalynn90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

When I open ff I can navigate the web but once I start I can no longer use buttons to close in upper corner (or min or max). I can close it by left clicking on taskbar icon. Sometimes I also can not type in address bar. If I open task manager and highlight ff and click on switch I can close it with red x button but only if I don't click in window first. This has not happened in internet explorer yet (I don't often use it but have for the past hour.)Also for example when I tried to update malwarebytes by reinstalling it, when it pops up the window to run or save I have to go to task manager and click on switch to be able to click on run or save.

Since posting I also noticed that I can no longer drag and drop icons on desktop (auto arrange is not checked)or move things into folders from desktop.

Also the taskbar at bottom has frozen a few times and I have to open task manager to get it to unfreeze.

Update 4/26 at 12:16 pm - It is now doing it with internet explorer too.

Edited by lissalynn90, 26 April 2012 - 12:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users