Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Local Disk gone missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sh1roi

sh1roi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi,all.I'm new guy here.I want to ask about my problem.My local disk Drive D suddenly gone missing from my computer,disk management.when I tried to open some application,it says 'the drive or network connection that the shotcut '......Ink' refers to is unavailabe.Please help me quick,I have important things to do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hello and Welcome -
As a quick one, what do you get if you go Start > Right click on Computer > Click on OPEN -
This should show (it just has on mine), Hard Disk Drives, mine is C:, and it shows Removable Storage, mine shows D: (CD/DVD drive)

Your configuration may not be exactly the same, but it should still show the drives on your computer -

Thank You -

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Did you reboot the computer? Windows may find the drive and reinstall it.

#4 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

It seemed that your Data partition(D:) table was corrupted or affected by third party programs.

Go to Here to download Free MiniTool Partition Recovery. Start the program, click Wizard on the menu and select Partition Recovery Wizard. For more info: Here

You may assign a letter if the recover partition letter is missing. For more info: Here Let me know how things are working for you. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users