Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Are The Motherboards That Talk!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Temo

Temo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

Like two years ago they told me about this motherboards that when you turn them on they would say something like "SYSTEM ON" or "SYSTEM POWER UP" or something like that... I do remember looking for them and everything but I forgot the name of the company.

All I can remember is that in the box in which they are inside off have a logo of a Dragon
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

I don't know how many motherboards do that, but ASUS has that feature. Usually, they say something like "Power on self test complete, now booting from operating system," or, "CPU failed - CPU failed . . ."

This feature works with the onboard audio. I added a new PCI card and no longer have the messages.

#3 Temo

Temo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

So the sound thingy mest up after installing a PCI CARD???
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:11 AM

I doubt it. There's just no link for it between the PCI soundcard and the "sound thingy." But the link would remain with the onboard sound I imagine.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#5 Michael Giacchetti

Michael Giacchetti

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

Dr. Voice?