Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scarborough Shoal

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

For me, this has been an on-going issue worldwide. It's getting bigger and hotter :thumbup2:. This is an argument between 2 countries, Philippines and China. Philippine President even asked the help of US to get Scarborough Shoal as part of Philippine territory. I'm not sure what's with this island. Do you have any ideas about this? I'm wondering who really owns Scarborough Shoal. Is it really China or Philippines?
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Correct, but the official in China don't want this issue send off to United Nations.

Last week the USSR North Carolina submarine arrived in Philippines inorder to protect that island.(most hightech submarine in the world and that can subsist in blue water for 25 years without recharging)

When you look at the map, the Scarborough Shoal is near in the Philippines but why the official in China claimed that this island is part of China.

Edited by sierrachello, 22 May 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#3 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Maybe because of its abundant natural resources?

I may not be alone on this one.. but some countries fight over this.

Edited by Galyn, 22 May 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#4 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

That's one of the reasons Galyn.

#5 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Do you think this arguement will lead into a WAR between the concerned countries?

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#6 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

I don't think so. If this argument will spark war.. they can just give the island and be done with it...

I mean thats what I would do...

#7 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Great, Galyn, but ONLY if the leader of that country thinks as you do. I would say, I dunno or I really can't tell...only time will tell.

#8 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Great, Galyn, but ONLY if the leader of that country thinks as you do. I would say, I dunno or I really can't tell...only time will tell.

But sadly they don't.. it seems China somehow stopped trading goods from the Philippines not sure about that though..

If that's the case.. it's a bit childish.

#9 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

I could agree with you Galyn and I believe that Philippine economy will be affected by this. According to the news, Philippine President is currently looking for a prospective country that will substitute China and will accept some of their goods.

Edited by black_icon, 22 May 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#10 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

I could agree with you Galyn and I believe that Philippine economy will be affected by this. According to the news, Philippine President is currently looking for a prospective country that will substitute China and will accept some of their goods.

And that is just sad. China claims this island was even written on their history.. Claiming that it was part of their territory before the nautical or geographical miles matters.

#11 babalu sobral

babalu sobral

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

:scratchhead:

#12 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

The Philippine was once a territory of the USA. If these shoals were not specifically mentioned when the Philippines was granted independence maybe they are still ours? :whistle:

#13 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

The Philippine was once a territory of the USA. If these shoals were not specifically mentioned when the Philippines was granted independence maybe they are still ours? :whistle:

I wouldn't have any problem with that. :thumbsup:

In fact I do wish it was like that in the first place.

#14 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Does it really need a verbal declaration for a certain island to be a part of one county's teritory?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users