Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix...can it be stopped

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 VakAttack2811

VakAttack2811

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I am in a panic, somebody help me please. I am somewhat technically savvy, but not to the level of almost anyone on here. My work computer had been experiencing extreme malware issues, and I followed the Read Me on MajorGeeks.com and used Combofix as the third step. Now, Combofix has been stuck on the initial message for nearly an hour, and I suddenly can't access a "Shared" file that had lots of documents in it that I had no issue accessing before Combofix started.

I can only assume that the two are related. What can I do? Please tell me something is possible? I know Combofix creates a Restore point when it first starts, can I stop Combofix somehow and go back to that infected point where I had access to everything?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

What did MajorGeeks forum advise?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

What did MajorGeeks forum advise?

Here is the thread: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=257824

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Since you are receiving assistance from a trained Helper on another site, you should refrain from asking for help here or anywhere else. Further, following advice outside of that thread may cause confusion for the Helper who is assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

chaslang is a Master Malware Expert and Admin at MG and you need to follow his instructions exactly as he has told you and answer all questions.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the Helper who is already providing you with assistance.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after your system has been reviewed and you have been cleared at that site, please start a new topic. If you have any questions please PM me or another moderator.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users