Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Temp Stuck?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RockerBug17

RockerBug17

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

I was curious about my CPU (Pentium D 280) temperatures, so I downloaded All My CPU, Core Temp and Prime95 to do a little testing. Over the course of an hour my CPU never read anything other than 40c. At 100% load for an hour with no temp change seems odd, so I aborted the stress test before I cause any damage.

This is my first time using these software products. I could have read them wrong, but they seem dummy proof.

Any ideas of why the temp didn't fluctuate?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hello,

Since I have never really used any of those programs, I would like you to try speedfan and list out all of the temp readings for me. Speed fan is usually pretty good for temps. Download it here: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Yes the temp should go up by a little bit when the CPU is at 100% usage, although 40 is quite cool.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 RockerBug17

RockerBug17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Here's a screen shot of the information you requested.

EDIT: I should add that just a moment ago, my Fan spiked to 4200RPMs. I think it was in response to "Remote" temperature reaching 70c. It then rapidly fell to 54c and has now climbed back up to 68c.

Attached Files

Edited by RockerBug17, 24 April 2012 - 05:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users