Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logon Process Fatal Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EdogawaLucas

EdogawaLucas

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I was advised to go here from another forum. Here is the topic there for reference. I'll post what I said in the beginning post.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic449016.html

My Latitude D620 laptop cannot start up because it has a fatal system error with a blue screen before it can. The error message follows.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Before this error, the laptop would take a while to logon after I woke it up from standby. I had no clue if there was a virus on it or not to be honest.

I have already tried a system restore from xPUD and checked the memory module for any problems.

I would greatly appreciate help in resolving this issue!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alexsmith2709

alexsmith2709

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Did you install any hardware or software before this started happening?
Can you boot into safe mode? (Tap F8 on startup until you get the menu with Safe Mode).
If you can boot into Safe Mode, use Blue Screen View (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html) and post up either a screenshot of the blue screen and/or the .dmp file. This will enable someone to help you further.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,095 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Please...run the Dell Diagnostics package, following instructions provided by Dell.

Dell Diagnostics - http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&dl=false&l=en&s=gen&docid=A9E3A15597A04AFBB02EE16785D39C5C&doclang=en&cs=

Louis

#4 EdogawaLucas

EdogawaLucas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

When I follow the directions, the Pre System Assessment Build loads and finds that all the tests pass. Then it says that no utility partition was identified and left me with no choice but a restart. The computer still will not load.

Thanks!

Edited by EdogawaLucas, 25 April 2012 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users