Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LiveID locked to US, can't add payment options

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markiz

markiz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

So a couple of years ago, i set up an xbox live account just to see what's going on. Never had an xbox, never used xbox live, never bought or played anything.

So now, Windows Phone marketplace has expanded to my country (Croatia). I have a hotmail address that i have been using for years, my main email address. It's name.lastname, i have all my accounts, services, photos, docs and other data there. Up uuntil now, i have been using a US registered hotmail liveID on my phone just to be able to access free marketplace. And now i want to use my real, croatia registered hotmail, with all my files.

BUT! Since i, years ago linked this dum xbox live account to that croatian hotmail, now i am unable to add payment options, since marketoplace recognizes me as from US.

Is there any way i can completely unlink the xbox live US account, or even delete it completely, and than use this hotmail.address again on my phone so that i am able to buy apps/games?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,729 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

You'll probably need to contact Microsoft Support for that to happen.

I'm not sure what their policies on such are.

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Have you thought of just opening another Hotmail account? Seems the obvious/ easiest solution.

I have more than one Hotmail account and have them and other email accounts all forwarded to one
Hotmail account.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 markiz

markiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Have you thought of just opening another Hotmail account? Seems the obvious/ easiest solution.

I have more than one Hotmail account and have them and other email accounts all forwarded to one
Hotmail account.

I already have the prefect address: name.lastname@hotmail.com
Not just that, I already have 10 GB of data there, and all the services are connected to that email address. Not just that, they just now decreased free skydrive storage to only 7GB.
So no, using another liveID is not an option unfortunately :(

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

I believe He was suggesting to have two different hotmail/LiveIDs not changing over to a new account. One for your purchases and the other for email, skydrive, etc.

This would be the easiest way and I really doubt Microsoft is going to help you if you call/email them.

Edited by NpaMA, 24 April 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#6 markiz

markiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I believe He was suggesting to have two different hotmail/LiveIDs not changing over to a new account. One for your purchases and the other for email, skydrive, etc.

This would be the easiest way and I really doubt Microsoft is going to help you if you call/email them.

The account i would use for purchases also HAS to be used for skydrive. If i could use a separate account for purchases, i would not be complaining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users