Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samba Shared Can't write from windows or mac computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Speedy Turtle Comput

Speedy Turtle Comput

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

I have samba installed on a centos 6.2 with a shared drive. I can see it from my windows machine but I can't seem to write to from my windows machine and I have also tried it on my Mac book pro.

Can someone help me out with this. It is driving me crazy.
:wacko:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anothercletus

anothercletus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

i don't mess with samba much but what is the file system on the share? i don't know if windows or macOSx can read or write to linux filesystems(at least without additional software?). if you find that that is the case you could put the share on one of those two and linux could still read and write to it regardless of the filesystem. assuming windows and apple do have the ability to read and write to the filesystem in question you may just need to change the permissions on the shared folder. you could also verify the share as working with another linux pc or a linux live usb with some persistent space so you can install samba client if it doesn't come preinstalled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users