Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Person actually hacking my computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I ran combo fix and it couldn't remove a rootkit called zero access. I random install things to my computer without thinking that maybe it has malware attached to it. I trusted a random person to download something and got a rootkit on our computer. First it was a virus that listens to your router, now its a rootkit. I have finals and this is distracting me from studying. I would appreciate help asap and check once a day if i get a response. I know I downloaded a random thing called rootkit from a random website trying to figure out things on my own with out an experienced person's help and kinf of ruined my computer. Is it possible it's this random person messing with me or just a rootkit doing random things?

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 25 April 2012 - 02:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

i've been having this problem for awhile because we keep getting lag and find an intruder on our router. On my router it can only read 4 people conencted, but when i looked on wireless, there's a 5th person online. I need help so my information is not stolen or used. I don't want to go to my bank one day and find it empty. I cannot even retrieve my other account. It says the verification is incorrect and i refresh until i see one that is readable, but it still says its incorrect and cannot even log into my main account on here. Firefox is also having random problems.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 25 April 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#3 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

Combo fix first it said rootkit zero access then the other attempts it says some kind of rootkit, but it isnt successful in removing it because it stops at step 49. I left it over night and still on same spot. The thing doesn't seem to be interested in my accounts and now they're just playing with me. I got things to study and this thing is keeping me from studying. Can a rootkit use a keylogger? And whenever im on the we it keeps redirecting me to some other website, but my noscript blocks everything from the page. I tried typing bleepingcomputer.com once and it said 'bleepingcomputer.com not found'. I had to google it to get to this website. I'm on my computer at the moment. I'm going to let this slide for now because I need to study. When I do, I'll message asap or check daily for answers.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 24 April 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#4 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Please need help! This is distracting me from studying for the finals. I have to constantly reset the router to one of our routers because something keeps booting him off. And when I reset it, there is no problems and everything is fine, but I believe it will happen again because it always comes back. I'm not very experienced with using my router options, but i know for sure i locked remote access, blocked intruders mack address, made password number and letter, and no guests checked off options, and change the wireless channel from time to time. This is first time I finally see the intruder, but they couldn't connect because I had changed the ssid/password information. But this is not first time we had this problem.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 25 April 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#5 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Maybe this has nothing to do with this but we have another problem other than rootkit.

Pictures of intruder:

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o569/goobuebleh/intruder5.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o569/goobuebleh/intruder3.jpg

here's pictures of our problem of our router. After i read what this rootkit does, I know its not a person or neighbor. But it keeps deleting combofix every time I try to install ir or closes it whenever I tried to run it. I know nothing about computers so I wouldn't know what it is. Other than having comodo antivrus i also use 'superantispyware' program.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 25 April 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Combo fix first it said rootkit zero access then the other attempts it says some kind of rootkit, but it isnt successful in removing it because it stops at step 49. I left it over night and still on same spot. The thing doesn't seem to be interested in my accounts and now they're just playing with me. I got things to study and this thing is keeping me from studying. Can a rootkit use a keylogger? And whenever im on the we it keeps redirecting me to some other website, but my noscript blocks everything from the page. I tried typing bleepingcomputer.com once and it said 'bleepingcomputer.com not found'. I had to google it to get to this website. I'm on my computer at the moment. I'm going to let this slide for now because I need to study. When I do, I'll message asap or check daily for answers.

Since you ran Combofix, please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic. If you receive a reply from the HelpBot, then please follow the instructions outlined in the helpbot's post.

SECOND
A root kit does not open your network to people from the outside. You are practicing unsafe networking habits by broadcasting an Open Wifi. This is not the result of a rootkit infection of any kind.

Edited by cryptodan, 25 April 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#7 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

dds program DDS downloads but file is missing from desktop nor will it open or show containing folder

update: i went on other computer, downloaded it and emailed it and download it, but does same thing.
antivirus is already disabled. continuing to next step.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 06 May 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

If you still have your combofix log just post that and forget the rest of the steps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users