Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have Zolob On My Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tinkabelle

Tinkabelle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:34 AM

Hi,

I have recently taken my laptop into work for them to delete a spyware virus I thought I had, which they did successfully on 12 spware infections except one - Zolob. I have ran a full scan on my laptop using windows defender and it found the zolob thingy and said it deleted it but when I ran another scan it was there again.

This is what the I.T guys said but by the time they'd deleted 12 of them it was time for them to go home. So what do I do now? :thumbsup:

Before I took it in to work I ran a scan on McAfee, which took about an hour and then said they couldn't be cleaned or deleted... so that was pointless. So i'm asking you for your help with this one as I have nowhere else to turn.

I would appriciate it if you could explain the steps to get rid of the little B**tard in terms I could understand or at least have an idea of what your going on about as I have read how to delete this on other messages on the site but I just can't get my head around it.

Also you might want to know that I had virus's/spyware such as -

Downloader.AE
SpyAxe
Trojan Malware
Unknown...

These have been deleted. I hope.

Also you may want to know that under the history info on windows defender, on info about zolob it says-

Recourses

runkey:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN\\wininet.dll

runkey:
HKLM\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\\nvctrl.exe

regkey:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN\\wininet.dll

regkey:
HKLM\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\\nvctrl.exe

regkey:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN\\kernel32.dll

runkey:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN\\kernel32.dllI hope all this helps you help me....

Thanks very much.

Tink x :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to BC Tinkabelle

If your not sure if SpyAxe was removed you might want to try using the removing instructions for it listed in this self-help guide.

When done download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions

Then perform the following online Virus scan:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan for Internet Explorer

If you still have problems after this, then use the link in the self-help guide titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log".

Edited by quietman7, 24 February 2006 - 10:54 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Tinkabelle

Tinkabelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

I have a spyware/virus infection on my laptop called zolob. I have tried McAfee, microsoft defender and Aol spyware protection but they say it'd deleted and then when I search again it's there...?

I have written more info in my first post called "I have zolob....."

Please help, I don't know what to do..... :thumbsup:

Thanks

Tink x

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

Download and scan with Ewido as I previously suggested.

If no success then, download and scan with the free trial of TrojanHunter - Zolob was listed in its detection list.
alternate download site.
Setup & Configuration.

Once the program is installed it automatically configures to protect the system and All files. You should not need to change anything. With the trial version of TrojanHunter you need to manually update the rule files before you can start scanning. Instructions.

To do a full scan be sure the boxes are checked (green) beside your main hard drive folders, then click on Full Scan.

Then perform the Housecall online virus scan.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users