Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 worskies

worskies

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

I managed to reinstall a new motherboard on my PC after a very long period of not having one. The RAM slots on my last motherboard were faulty, which crashed my PC constantly. Anyway, I want to get back into gaming, but whenever I attempt to play a game, the FPS is low and the graphics quality is not on par considering the graphics card I have. Before I had no problems with this. I updated my drivers, but that did not help anything.

The games I tried playing were TF2, L4D2, and Metro 2033, all of which ran very choppy and had not ran choppy before I installed the new motherboard.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
ATI Radeon 6770 HD
2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance

I posted this in another forum, but I haven't received a single reply since I started it, so hopefully you guys can help me. Mod Edit: Merged post from Computer Games forum ~ Hamluis.

Lately I have not been able to appropriately play any game on my PC. The graphics quality has lowered significantly and it is pointless to play online due to such a low FPS. This problem started happening once I began using a repaired motherboard sent in from the manufacturer after I sent in my old one that had damaged RAM slots. I already updated the drivers, tried previous drivers, I reconnected the whole card from the PCIe slot, and reconnected the cables that go into it, but still saw no improvement.

Now this is the part where some might say, "Yep, you broke it, you idiot." Before installing the new motherboard, I left my video card on top of my PC case which was on top of my desk. A person in my house slammed the bathroom door (which is next to this very room) and a bottle of cologne on a shelf about a foot above fell right on top of the video card. None of the liquid fell out of the bottle. My friend who was in the room claimed he saw it hit the corner of the card, and the area he pointed out looked like it had little to no sensitive components.

Did my video card suffer a punch of death, or is something else the issue?

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
ATI Radeon 6770 HD
2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance

Edited by hamluis, 24 April 2012 - 07:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 worskies

worskies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just noticed the date of the thread changed due to the mod edit, so bump...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users