Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Printing Problem with Canon imageCLASS MF4370dn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 persim

persim

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

I have a Canon imageCLASS MF4370dn that is wired to a netgear switch, which is wired to my Fios Wireless Router. There are 4 computers all running Windows 7 Ultimate, 3 32-bit 1 64-bit that I have attempted to print from the Canon.

Each computer has the same problem. I can install the network printer with no problems and print fine but as soon as I reboot a machine it will no longer print.

Each machine can see the network printer fine upon reboot and everything appears to work but as soon as the document is sent it just seems to hang.

If I delete the printer and start over, I can get the machine to print as soon as the printer is installed again. But when I reboot the machine the same problem occurs.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have one suggestion to try, Long shot use a crossover cable between 1 computer and the printer to eliminate the Netgear, just in case. Try without the FIOS.

Make sure you have the latest printer drivers.

Use a XP or Vista machine as a test and see if that works reliable.

I can't say I've ever had problems printing over the network, However All we use are HP printers, They just run and run.

That's all I can think of to try. And they are sort of long shots.

Hopefully someone with experience with the canon printers will come along and offer better help.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 persim

persim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

I have one suggestion to try, Long shot use a crossover cable between 1 computer and the printer to eliminate the Netgear, just in case. Try without the FIOS.

Make sure you have the latest printer drivers.

Use a XP or Vista machine as a test and see if that works reliable.

I can't say I've ever had problems printing over the network, However All we use are HP printers, They just run and run.

That's all I can think of to try. And they are sort of long shots.

Hopefully someone with experience with the canon printers will come along and offer better help.

Good Luck
Roger

Thanks for the suggestions, none of them worked. Hopefully there is someone lurking with Canon experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users