Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help please: AHAVDE3U IDE Controller & AKVN6UU8 IDE Controller

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rakat

rakat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

My computer crashed again. After restarting it, I used MiniToolBox. This is what was listed. They are both also listed in Device Manager as problem hardware. What are they and do I need them?

Thanks for assistance!

Name: AKVN6UU8 IDE Controller
Description: AKVN6UU8 IDE Controller
Class Guid: {4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Manufacturer: (Standard mass storage controllers)
Service: awavsqma
Problem: : Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Resolution: Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.
Uninstall the driver, and then click "Scan for hardware changes" to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

Name: AHAVDE3U IDE Controller
Description: AHAVDE3U IDE Controller
Class Guid: {4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Manufacturer: (Standard mass storage controllers)
Service: ahqu1v8l
Problem: : Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Resolution: Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.
Uninstall the driver, and then click "Scan for hardware changes" to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rakat

rakat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I was able to solve this myself. I researched it via Google.

Once upon a time, Alcohol 120 was installed on this computer. It was removed a few weeks ago. However, apparently, it is known to create its own storage devices. I was not aware of that. I uninstalled the devices. Uninstalling and deleting doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

More info can be found here: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardware-devices/167675-mystery-ide-storage-controller-driver.html. Scroll down to the last post.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for posting your self-resolution...happy computing :).

Louis

#4 rakat

rakat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

You're welcome. Hopefully, it will help someone else. :)

However, the controllers returned using different names than before: AWAVSQMA IDE Controller, AHQU1V8L IDE Controller. I'm off to do more research. If anyone has any suggestions and such, that would be great. If I am able to be rid of them for good, I will post the solution.

#5 rakat

rakat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

More research lead to this. The drivers are hangovers from Alcohol 120. You have to go into Windows Drivers and delete sptd.sys. After that, use device manager to uninstall and delete the controllers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users