Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google increases payouts for their Vulnerability Reward Program

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Google announced today that they have increased the payouts for security researchers who privately disclose vulnerabilities in Google Applications. Previously the maximum reward for a single vulnerability was $3,133.70, or $3,133.7 for you leet speakers. With this update to the Google Vulnerability Reward Program, payouts for certain vulnerabilities can now be as high as $20,000. With this higher reward, Google hopes to make it more enticing for security researchers who discover vulnerabilities to report it via "white-hat" methods rather than selling it to buyers who may want to weaponize the information for criminal purposes.

Under the new program, only those vulnerabilities that allow Remote code execution for accounts.google.com, highly sensitive services, or normal Google applications will be able to qualify for the $20,000 reward. Other properties owned by Google, but are not integrated into the following google.com, youtube.com, blogger.com, or orkut.com domains will only qualify for a $5,000 reward. Furthermore, any new acquisitions have a 6 month blackout period after being acquired before they qualify for a reward.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Grinler you should do it your epic at stuff like this.
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Way outside my level expertise.

#4 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I don't believe that Grinler I mean if you can remove tough malware you can find the vulnerabilities
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Definitely not the same.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

smart, easier way to find the vulnerabilities this way-just pay lots and lots of people to do it. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 balon

balon

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

I don't believe that Grinler I mean if you can remove tough malware you can find the vulnerabilities

No doubt, Grinler has many smarts and might be able to do of which, but as he said removing malware and finding vulnerabilities are two huge differences.

#8 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Way outside my level expertise.

I'm Shocked!!!!!!!!!!! :o

What about Billy3? Care to chime in Billy3?
Either We Learn to Live Together as People, Or Die Apart as Fools !

Ignorance ISN'T Bliss, It's Just "IGNORANCE"!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users