Got 'infected' by Winfixer myself three days ago. My fault entirely as I had downloaded it thinking it was legitimate.
I read all these help topics and the 'How to remove...' articles and was totally intimidated by what was involved. (Hi-Jack this etc etc.)
I also tried running the 'Vundofix' and 'Virtumundobegone' - both telling me that I had no problems! But it was still most definitely there!!!
So, I did a system restore, (Back two days). This seemed to work. I then ran a freshly updated Spybot S&D which found and deleted the remaining 3 entries. (Plus 160 other assorted bugs)
My PC appears to be totally clean, at the moment, although I'm aware that WinFixer is able to regenerate itself....I'll keep you posted!
If this has worked, it may be because I got onto it really quickly, before WinFixer had a chance to fully insinuate itself into my PC.
Edit: I just updated my Microsoft Antispyware and ran a thorough system scan. It found WinFixer too! So it wasn't cleaned out after all. Anyway, it seemed to delete it and announced my computer completely clean.....we'll see!
Edited by V6Jim, 24 February 2006 - 03:15 PM.