Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Vostro 1000 screen resolution problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 amskeller

amskeller

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I have a Dell Vostro 1000 running Windows XP. If I leave my laptop running and shut the laptop lid and leave it for a while, when I open it back up, the screen resolution has changed. Everything is very large and you can't see the whole screen at one time. But when I go to the display properties screen and check the screen resolution settings, the actual bar setting has not moved to a new setting. I have to move it to a new setting, let it go there then move it back to the original postion and reset it to get it back to my original resolution setting. The original setting is 1280 X 768. The only way I have been able to kind of work around this was to go to display properties, chose screen saver, then power scheme, then the advanced button, then in the box where you instuct it on what to do when you close the lid, tell it to go to standby. It then does not change the resolution when i close the lid but it also interupts the wireless connection so no emails are loaded while the lid is closed and it is in standby mode. I then have to wait evertime I open the lid for it to crank up my wireless connection and then wait for it to load any new emails that have come in since I closed the lid. Any ideas anyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users