Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Type On Acrobat Format Window{pdf Files}

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doctorreddy28

doctorreddy28

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:17 AM

Hi this is my 3rd post on smitrem. i have already developed immense gratitude and respect towards this forum.
I am a doctor basically.i need to apply for a lot a jobs as part of my career.Most of the job applications will be in the acrobat format i mean they are pdf files.can anyone tell me is there anyway to type on the pdf files,like we type on ms-word.i can fill my application forms on the pc instead of taking a printout and printing on them with a pen.please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:56 AM

Hi doctorreddy28,

That depends on the permissions the author of the PDF gives you. Open the document - click on file - document properties - click on the security tab. A window will list the documents permissions. My experience is that you can type in the blanks of most pdf documents, but you cannot save the changes. Again it depends on what the author allows you to do.

*one side note and pat on the back for the IRS... They did modify their online forms to allow changes and saving of the form this year*

I hope this helps...

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 hiteckee

hiteckee

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:46 AM

Yo, Doc!

If the .pdf document does not allow you to edit, you'll have to download a program that lets you insert lines of text, graphics, "x's" over boxes, etc., and save it as another file. Many such applications exist; find one easy program at http://pdfill.com/. (It's free if all you want to do is create .pdf files by printing from MS Word or from your browser.) PDFill has doubled its price in the past year, but $20 is a lot cheaper than buying Adobe Acrobat to accomplish the same thing. Good luck in your search!

hiteckee

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

You could use the Acrobat Reader camera tool & copy each page & annotate them with Windows Paint & save as .jpg files & zip them all up in a folder to send.
Name them in order like 001.JPG,002.jpg for ease of reading them in the right order.

See an EXAMPLE using a state tax form here

Clumsy,but it works & is free...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users