Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

userinit.exe

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 smhuskey

smhuskey

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I am having issues with my computer and I have been for a while. I am going to be getting a new computer I just want to fix mine real quick so I can get my important items and pictures off of my old computer. Everytime I turn the computer up it gives me an error saying Userinit.exe application error. I click ok and it starts and I can see my background picture but there are no icons or start menu. And when I hit Ctrl Alt Delete nothing pops up. Is there anything I can do? I also get an error that says Spoolsv.exe application error. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lets go here and we'll clean everything bad off this one.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 smhuskey

smhuskey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I am on a good computer not because I cannot get to anything on the bad one right now? am i supposed to do all of this on the good one then move it to the infected one?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Try downloading DDS of the good,onto a fkash drive or CD and running it on the bad. Post that log in the new topic referrenced in step 9 of the prep guide.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 smhuskey

smhuskey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I can't get anything to pop up on the infected computer just my background picture. Am i doing something wrong?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Is this XP??
Please run SFC (System File Checker)
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the CD when asked.

#7 smhuskey

smhuskey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Do I run the cd first because I can get nothing to pull up on my computer no matter what I press

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

You cannot get to the Task Manager? Do you get the desktop?

#9 smhuskey

smhuskey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

No I can't get to the task manager. The only thing that comes up is my backgrounds

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Ughh.. Lets try Avira AntiVir Rescue System. You will need to make this from another PC

Please download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System .

Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the rescue system package (rescuecd.exe) to burn it to a CD/DVD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a scan. For detailed instructions, refer to the Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD. If you encounter problems running Avira AntiVir Rescue System, you can get further assistance at the Avira Tools Support Forum.

#11 smhuskey

smhuskey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Can I use a flash drive

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sorry, Yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users