Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kingdan

kingdan

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:58 AM

hi,
i just bought Age of Empires 3, my laptop meets the minimum requirements but it still lags when i have naval battles!! please help! so frustrating! My specs are 1.73 GHz Centrino, 80 Mb hard drive, 512 RAM 128 shared memory with intel graphics (maybe thats the problem??). and its a sony vaio VGN-FS742/W!
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:23 PM

While your graphics card may be part of the problem, making sure you have installed any game patches is also important. I there are graphics options in AOE3, choosing those for better performance may help.
Check the game site for both patches and specific fixes for your problem either found in the FAQ or in the forums there.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

hi,
i just bought Age of Empires 3, my laptop meets the minimum requirements but it still lags when i have naval battles!! please help! so frustrating! My specs are 1.73 GHz Centrino, 80 Mb hard drive, 512 RAM 128 shared memory with intel graphics (maybe thats the problem??). and its a sony vaio VGN-FS742/W!
Thanks!

If it only lags during naval battles, it's probably the stress of the water effects on the video card. Have you tried reducing some of the visual options? If you turn down the detail, the game should run smoother and faster. 128 shared Intel vid cards aren't the best 128 cards, but they're still relatively powerful. It just takes a bit of tweaking in the visual options to get a respectable fps...

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

yea I would imagine it would have to be the graphics from the water if its just during the naval battles.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

Yea. Try doing what Heretic Monkey said and adjusting the graphics level.

I had a smiliar problem on my laptop with a different game... I think it was Battlefield 1942.

Edited by yano, 27 February 2006 - 05:34 PM.

#6 kingdan

kingdan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

oh everythings the lowest already, my resolution is 1024 X 784 i think at 16 bits.. i dont want to make it any lower but if it runs smoother i will.. stupid integreted graphics card

#7 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

ought to try a 800x600 resolution.

#8 kingdan

kingdan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

ok thats the lowest the settings can be! everything is either off or the lowest setting, yet it still lags! man, maybe this games not fit for my comp then - -...

#9 kingdan

kingdan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

oh yea, i updated the game, but now i can't make groups (like group 1 or group2 ) and the command function won't work now.. so im going to uninstall and reinstall just version 1.0 instead of the new one v 1.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users