Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Retrieving Contacts from old phone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MadStevo

MadStevo

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I have recently upgraded from my old Samsung Monte to a Samsung Glaxy Mini.

Just before upgrading my Monte I accidentally dropped it into a bowl of water which I quickly removed it from and removed the battery as quickly as I could so as to try and avoid causing too much damage,,after a couple of weeks i thought I would try the phone to see if it would even switch on let alone do anything else and Voilą on it came, so first thing I wanted to do was transfer the contacts that were on my phone and not my sim card (There were quite a few on the phone due to sim being full) and then i realised that although it seemed to be working ok nowhere on the touch screen would work whatsoever so I thought I would leave it another week or so in the hope that it might fix itself but to no avail, The only thing that does work is the rocker switch on the top left to select menu options with I.E. move up and down them when I add the USB cable but there is no way I can select and of the options, I've even tried using the camera button on the right hoping this would be the select button but it wasn't.

After talking to a few friends I have been told that there are some type's of software that can actually collect data from phones that are broken,,,I have tried looking on Google but not really knowing what to actually search for I didn't have too much luck, I did come across a program called Mobile Forensic or something similar but from what I could make of it it wasn't what I was looking for.

I really do hope there is something or someone out there who can help me out there as I have some very important numbers on there that will be next to impossible for me to get hold of again.

I look forward to your replies and pray that there is a way - You can see how much i need these numbers now hey ??

Thanks

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadStevo

MadStevo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Is this just not possible, I hard from someone that there is a program that can access phones with broken touchscreens, The problem is I just don't know the name of it.
Surely someone out there can help me with this problem.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Never used the application but I have been told by others it has been successful in the past. It's free and since it's a Samsung give it a try.

Samsung PC Studio

Manage contacts and more:
· Allows you to retrieve personal information saved in the Phone, such as phonebook and organizer and to add new data or delete and edit the saved data.

I don't know if this is what you have and adding the USB and not being able to change the phone is your issue. I wasn't sure so I still made the suggestion.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

FWIW if the Monte is anything like the Moment it may/may not work with Samsung Studio I can access my work and Dad's "dumb" phones via Studio but the Moment is problematic due to the restrictions put on the device (You know the things that make sure you can't Root the device). You'll have to put the phone into Diagnostic or Debug mode to retrieve anything stored on the phone itself.

Word of advice, backup contacts to SDcard and then Back that up into Windows.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users