Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you for Bleeping Computer!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sueliachi

sueliachi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Howdy :hello: and Thank You!

After much time spent trying to locate a reliable place for straightforward free virus/malware removal tools, :unsure: I ran across Bleeping Computer :wizard: . Specifically searching for ways to remove the Smart HDD infection, :killcomp: I was pleased to find the information I was looking for right in front of my eyes without the usual list of suspects promising "free virus detection/removal software" only to be asked to pay for removal once the virus was detected. :thumbdown: I suspect that installing most of these types of programs and running the scans only introduced my computer to even more of the same trickster sales pitches :ranting: .

Bleeping Computer made the removal of the virus and restoration of the hidden icons on my desktop a painless exercise and educated me as to how I might keep these from invading my computer once again :clapping:. Highly recommended by several computer software research sites, I immediately registered to continue to stay up to date on the constantly changing, insanely annoying world of trojans, hackers, virus, adware and malware deviants :luke: . Since my click-happy kids and less-than-computer-savvy hubby also use this computer, I constantly find myself spending hours of my limited computer time fixing problems arising from their use. Now, I believe my time on the internet will be spent enjoying browsing and not frustrated searching for fixes. Thank you :bowdown: Bleeping Computer, you saved my weekend! P.S. I really like your emoticons, too. Helps me get my point across. :busy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

We're always glad to help; very happy you got your issues addressed!

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users