Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios supervisor password

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ozi

ozi

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

I just reinstalled XP into an ex lease Lenovo Thinkcentre M57 [6072 ] & trying to actvate Enhanced Security & need a password .Is there a defult p/word for a M57 ?
Ozi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ken.erwin88

ken.erwin88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ozi,

While I have not used that exact model, most BIOS passwords can be cleared by opening the case and removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds. It looks just like a big watch battery on the motherboard. Good luck!

-Kenny

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

FWIW

I don't believe a BIOS password is what is involved here.

Louis

#4 ozi

ozi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Ozi,

While I have not used that exact model, most BIOS passwords can be cleared by opening the case and removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds. It looks just like a big watch battery on the motherboard. Good luck!

-Kenny

I am able to get past bio's p/word by just clicking ok , but this does not work in setting up the extra Lenovo security , maybee I have to purchase something from Lenovo [ thats not going to happen ] Thanks anyway .
Ozi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users