Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP mini laptop issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 murru

murru

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

I recently bought a second-hand HP Mini 210-2004 ed. laptop. Unfortunately, it has given me many difficulties since then.

The problems are as follows:
- After approximately 20 to 40 minutes I have connected to the internet, the internet falls out. However, the symbol in the quick launch still indicates that I am connected, even though I cannot open the wireless internet centre anymore.
- Subsequently, when I try to shut down Windows, Windows will not proceed to shut-down past the screen that says shutting down with the rolling windows circle logo. I have to force a shutdown with the power button.
- In addition, if I try to update Windows within the 20-40 minute time frame, it will not complete the update and the computer will become very slow and non-functional. It will also sometimes suddenly respond slow by itself without performing the update.
- Finally, a fan on the left hand side of the laptop surges on and off very fast and very loudly whenever the laptop reaches a certain temperature. This is much louder than any fan-sound I have ever heard, and doesn’t strike me as normal at all.

The specifications for the laptop are:

• Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
• Intel Atom N445(1,66GHz)
• 250GB HDD (7200 rpm)
• 1024 MB DDR3 SDRAM (1 Dimm)
• 25,65 cm (10,1") LED screen
• Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3150
• 802.11 b/g/n WLAN

I have no idea what is wrong with it and how I could fix the problems. I still have a warranty from HP that is valid for about 2 more months. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thank you,

M.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

I still have a warranty from HP that is valid for about 2 more months. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

This is what the warranty is for -
Is this warranty related to the dealer only, or is it part of the HP warranty ??

If the original owner will give you the purchase docket, and you can take it back to the retailer, this always seems to be the best idea -

Just my view - Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users