Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video (AV) Senders

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nivrip

nivrip

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

In my area here the TV analogue signal will not be switched off till September but I am now having to think about what to do next. I have two portable TVs which run off loop aerials (yes, I know, very old fashioned) but they can be attached to set top boxes (I have two spare) for the digital system.

The problem is the aerials. I don't want to have to start drilling holes and fitting cables and was wondering about a video sender running from my main aerial in the loft and transmitting signals to the other TVs.

Does anyone have, or know anything about, video senders. If it works as described in some articles then it could be the answer to my problems. However, I'm not sure if the signals would be strong enough to cover the whole house and I've also heard about interference from Wi-Fi signals.

One further question. Does the receiving TV only play the same channel that is on the transmitting TV or can I get the signal transmitted round the house before it enters the first TV? I really want to be able to watch different TV programmes in different rooms.

Some systems that I've looked at seem to have the trasmitter on the first TV using a Scart socket. It appears with this type that every TV would be on the same channel, not what I want.

I wondered if anyone has any experience with this sort of system. Any advice would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users