Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ryzies

ryzies

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:20 PM

i keep getting a blue screen with an error message saying the computers being shut down to keep from damage...sometimes a message comes up saying could not "read" memory blah blah and then the blue screen comes up right after that...when i log on after the blue screen it says your system has recovered from a serious error...any help with this would be really great...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

If you supply the exact verbiage on the error messages we might be able to figure out what's wrong.

#3 ryzies

ryzies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

i would if it would come up again...it doesn't want to come up anymore...have you ever seen anything like that before though...it said unable to "read" memory and then some numbers and then the blue screen comes up and you have to shut it off...

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:29 AM

A message on a blue screen can mean an unlimited number of things, but in order to determine what it means "blah, blah" doesn't get it done.

It isn't a valid Windows error code.

The reference to "memory" can mean numerous things. You need to be specific.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

A nice description of Stop Errors (it's Win2K - but it works for WinXP also):
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...t7/proch33.mspx

And, here's a link to an annotated Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) STOP Error screen shot. The 3 lines in Red are the stuff that we need: Posted Image

Edited by usasma, 09 February 2011 - 05:30 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users