Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kira light

kira light

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hi! I have a problem here. We buy a new server and we would like to transfer the hard drive from our old server. ACPI error occured when I transfer the hard drive. So I run a checkdisk for the HD. When boot it up Inaccessible boot device appear. Can someone help me with this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Do you mean by transfer that you just took the old drive out and put it into the new server? This will never work because the hardware of the new server is completely different which will cause a never ending stream of errors and problems due to HAL conflicts. The best thing to do is to continue to use your old server while you do a fresh install and setup from scratch. Besides the newer drive from that you hopefully bought with the new server will be much faster. Then you can transfer the files and migrate Active Directory (if you are using a domain)to complete the switch over to the new server.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 kira light

kira light
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I see... I guess I need to reformat the hard drive for the new server... Maybe there is no easy way to do that but to start creating a new server... thanks a lot baltboy...

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yeah it definitely isn't easy but in the end you will be grateful you did it that way. Glad I could help.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users