Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Hl2 Windows Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

hi,

I get on to steam and start to play counter-strike:source, ive had it for a long time now and its never givin me any problems before. When i start to play, sometimes 5 min or 5 sec into a server a windows error comes up saying windows has incountered a problem and need to shut down hl2.exe. I dont know what to do so i kind of need some help please!!! Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

Made any recent hardware/software changes? i.e. firewall, video card, antivirus, etc.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#3 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:43 PM

I recently wiped my computer, but i found out it does this on any steam games and it becoming more frequent. I have a firewall now but I have hl2 unblocked.

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

You could try reinstalling steam. I know this happened to me when I was experimenting with some stuff and I left my RAM in slot 3 and it would crash and crash until I switched it back to slot 1. You don't need to unblock steam for your firewall, right?
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#5 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:41 PM

no i dont need to block steam just the games, I only have 2 slots for RAM so I cant switch like that to test it out. I try reinstalling it though

#6 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

Any luck? I really don't know what it could be. You may need to take this over to the Steam forums at www.steampowered.com and see what the have to offer.
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users