Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening Mail in Hotmail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mania12

mania12

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Everytime I open Facebook notifications in Hotmail, my window freezes and I get a message saying Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. This doesn't happen when I access Hotmail through Firefox though. I was wondering what was causing this to happen in IE. Can I fix it?

Also, I've noticed that when I go delete my junk mail, the junk mail always shows up in the deleted folder with an icon of an opened envelope (which is used to mark "read" mail). I have not opened them at all. Why is this happening and should I be worried because I don't want to get be getting viruses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

What version of Internet Explorer? Normally problems like these come from using an outdated browser that is not compatible with the latest web standards/technologies.

#3 mania12

mania12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I'm using IE 9

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hotmail updated last week. Try signing out of Hotmail, rebooting IE and signing back into Hotmail.

Otherwise, it must be some problem between Hotmail and Facebook if other emails don't cause the same
problem.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 mania12

mania12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yeah I checked it again and it's still happening. I have no idea what's up with it. Oh well thanks anyways

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

This problem has existed for more than year. I just did a search for it and found one
user who says he found a fix.
internet explorer 9 crashes opening Facebook hotmail message - Microsoft Answers
FIX! I find this odd, and somewhat amazing, but I no longer have the issue; and this is what I did. I followed the instructions from the Microsoft IE9 support page by opening IE9 Going to TOOLS>Compatability View Settings> and chose the following two checkboxes: INCLUDE UPDATED WEBSITE LISTS FROM MICROSOFT & DISPLAY INTRANET SITES IN COMPATABILITY VIEW.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users